Eden Hospice is currently operating in three states: Idaho, Nevada and Washington.
Hospice care is an additional layer of support beyond your doctor for those with a terminal illness. Hospice focuses on providing patients relief from symptoms, pain and stress that accompanies a serious illness. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for both the patient as well as the family. We can also help family members manage the practical details and emotional challenges of caring for a dying loved one.
The goal of hospice is to keep the patient comfortable and improve the quality of life. It is not a last resort. It doesn’t mean they’re giving up on life. Hospice is simply a type of care that focuses on the quality of life instead of on continuing with treatment to prolong life.
Hospice care provides medical services, emotional support, and spiritual resources for people who are in the last stages of a serious illness.
Our hospice services include:
- Basic medical care with a focus on pain and symptom control.
- Access to a member of a hospice team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Medical supplies and equipment as needed.
- Counseling and social support to help the patient and the family with psychological, emotional, and spiritual issues.
- Guidance with the difficult, but normal, issues of life completion and closure.
- A break (respite care) for caregivers, family, and others who regularly care for the loved one.
- Additional support, such as preparing meals and running errands.
- Counseling and support for the family after the loved one dies.